Sunday, July 12, 2009

Brendan Landry






I made it through the full moon until my mom came to town. Her connecting flight was canceled and she was moved to a later flight which put her into town after 11pm so by the time we got home it was after midnight and by the time we got to sleep after 1am. I got up at 6:30 am to take Lance to the school he was subbing at then headed to my Dr appointment. I was 39 weeks and 5 days with no change, the baby was still high and I was only 1 cm dilated. I wanted to wait to go on my own but at the same time didn't want what happened with Rori to happen and loose that time with my mom and having help, so I opted for induction once again. He called the hospital to see what was available and they said 2am the next morning. No sleep for me! When we picked up Lance we went to the store to get what we needed. The kids love Nana!! We got to the hospital at 2am and had to wait as 2 other ladies had showed up in labor. By the time we got in and hooked up to the IV it was 4:30. We thought we would be able to sleep a bit but NOOOOOOO by the time people stopped coming in to get me settled and checked and new nursing shift it was 6:30am and the construction noise started. Yes construction and not far away I am talking heavy sanders and hammering and some other loud noise right on the opposite side of my wall. (they were building a new wing) I was so tired and cranky I wanted to scream! I asked the nurse if there were quieter rooms but she said that they were all equally noisy!! My friend Tiffany showed up about 8:30am to help me with massage and meditation. The first thing she said was "Are you Serious??" to the noise, but I have to say she was able to meditate me out of the noise a few times. Thankfully most of the work stopped by the time my heavy labor started. I opted to go natural this time, because my last epidural was such a nightmare and because I have had so many back to back when it takes on average a year and a half to heal. I did not want to take the chance of hurting my back worse than it was already. I also have done more research with this pregnancy than any other and learned a lot about epidurals and other things I didn't even know! I have to say epidurals do make child birth a much nicer experience on the pain scale. I am not good with pain at all. This is the worse pain I have ever experienced! As the last 2 deliveries went this one did as well. It took forever to start dilating but once I hit the 5-6 mark I knew the baby would be there within the hour. The nurse did not listen to me to call the Dr. I scared the ladies in rooms on either sides of me into epidurals with my screaming.(I am not a screamer either) I hit 8 and felt the baby coming down and the Dr was still not there but on his way. The nurse was still not in a hurry to get things prepped even though I told her to get ready. Once again I had to go against nature to hold the baby against contractions but feeling it was awful and unbearable. I had my legs down together and she had me holding them together. Instead of getting a Dr on call or something she ended up delivering me. But the head came out and then they yanked my legs up into stirrups. I ended up with 2nd degree tears I think for this reason. The Dr made it about 2 minutes after he was out. Brendan Landry Waters was born at 1:52 pm July 9. He was 9lbs even and 21 inches long. I am so thankful to my friend Tiffany for getting me through it. I almost caved for an IV drug but didn't. I found out I would have never gone into labor on my own as there was too much amniotic fluid and he was not able to engage. He was just floating around. That explains why I felt him floating around. It was a weird worrisome feeling when you feel the baby just float up or down inside you with out squirming on their own. It has been a very tiring few days. My body feels like it ran a marathon or something. So far the kids love him, I am certainly going to have my hands full though as if I didn't already. So far he has been a great baby! I am in love all over again!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

what a lil sweetheart!! he looks so much like your other cutie pies!! what a cute name!! glad to see the pics since we aren't so close to see him in person. wow you go girl!! i can't believe you went natural....I don't know if i could do that. And 9 lbs...wow he is a big one!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meesha said...

Congrats! I hope all is well. I am working in Oregon for the month of July, but hope to see you when I return. What great photos...you have such talent!

Bob and Debbie said...

He is so cute!! I am so impressed that you went all natural. I couldn't. Yours photos are stunning.

google-site-verification: googlecb47a37551b294e6.html

Follow me!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

My family

My family
march 2007

About Me

My photo
I am a shutterbug mom, trying to write my first children's book and start a business doing what I LOVE taking pictures. I am not political but if I had to label myself I'd say a conservative liberal. I love music, and moms night out! :) I am the mom to four beautiful kiddos. My sweet girl is 4 turing 5 in March my Little man L turned 3 in November, Sweetie P turned 2 in September, and my newest little guy Brendan came into the World in July. I am married to my Honey for 6 1/2 years now and I still ♥ him!! :) I grew up here and there mostly on the west coast. I have three sisters who have busy successful lives. I have been a little bit of everything career wise, from the travel industry to radio DJ to waitress to Sales to now full time mom! Each has helped me grow! I am writing a new chapter in my life. :)