Thursday, December 25, 2008

More than blessed.....a christmas we will never forget!


I truly believe what you give you receive. I try really hard to give even if it is the smallest gifts from the heart. This year money has been tight and with my hospital stay in November, Christmas was absolutely not going to be in our house except for what the grandparents sent, which is plenty for three little ones that can be occupied with paper more than presents and don't really understand Christmas. I had asked my friend Christy if I might buy some of her old toys from her when she purged to make room for the new ones, she said she was already planning on just bringing some over! Christy was my hero! So the boys were taken care of! Then my new angel friend Meesha took us under her wing and said she wanted to adopt us for Christmas. I wanted to cry but at the same time I have such a hard time accepting things from people, but I said ok. She brought over 3 gifts each for the kids last week and I was more than happy with Christmas. She had talked to someone in the church who was also looking for a family to bring some Christmas joy and on Christmas eve I bawled my eyes out as a big bag of toys (almost all being for Rori was on our porch) This after Christy brought over more than just a few toys she also brought a few Santa gifts. 1 anonymous teacher left Lance a gift card for 50 dollars to Walmart and to top it all off Lance and a couple of coworkers were mystery shopped at Radio Shack and won their share of 1000.0 so Lance had 300 mystery dollars that he secretly bought some items with and didn't share his good fortune until my birthday! It is amazing to me what 2 people did to change our Christmas. I feel blessed to an extent I cannot describe, I feel angels come into my life and surround me, We also switched car insurance so after 2 months off from Geico we started with 2 months off with Horace Mann and so with the gift cards we got from my parents and the Walmart gift cards we should have food taken care of into January almost until we can get our tax return. Lance will have some extra hours at Radio Shack from last week and next week so we should almost be right side up until the nasty Hospital bill comes. I thank God for all the Christmas blessings. I can't wait to give back! Thank you Meesha, Thank you Christy, Thank you to our parents! Thank you for giving us the best Christmas!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

that is totally awesome!! i am so glad you were able to have a christmas this year!! I was wanting to send something but when jared got laid off it wasn't in our cards. sorry! sounds like you have some absolutely awesome friends there!! i am so happy for you!

google-site-verification: googlecb47a37551b294e6.html

Follow me!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

My family

My family
march 2007

About Me

My photo
I am a shutterbug mom, trying to write my first children's book and start a business doing what I LOVE taking pictures. I am not political but if I had to label myself I'd say a conservative liberal. I love music, and moms night out! :) I am the mom to four beautiful kiddos. My sweet girl is 4 turing 5 in March my Little man L turned 3 in November, Sweetie P turned 2 in September, and my newest little guy Brendan came into the World in July. I am married to my Honey for 6 1/2 years now and I still ♥ him!! :) I grew up here and there mostly on the west coast. I have three sisters who have busy successful lives. I have been a little bit of everything career wise, from the travel industry to radio DJ to waitress to Sales to now full time mom! Each has helped me grow! I am writing a new chapter in my life. :)