Friday, March 20, 2009

MOVING, MOVED, and SCORPIONS.......

This last week we made the move to the new house. What a trial. I have moved twice pregnant before and both in the middle of the heat of summer but this was the worse move yet. I am 23 weeks pregnant and having some horrible pains that have made it almost impossible for me to walk on some days. I have had to sleep in the recliner because the pain is so bad when I lay down in bed I cry out. I thought it might be a vericose vein in but the Dr has ruled that out. He checked me this last week and says all looks good. I had another ultrasound and more bloodwork. Baby is looking good. I am having a year of mystery pain that is all normal. My mom thinks maybe a pinched nerve. I am going to check into chiropractic. Needless to say it caused me to pack at a snails pace of not more than 5 boxes a day. Lance was a trooper and was packing and making at least 2 loads a day once we got the keys to the house. However I highly underestimated the space in a Uhaul trailer to our big things. We were trying to save money. Trailer 6x12 = 29.99 for the day Truck= closer to 80 when you add gas and mileage. Sam and some guys from church were the Heros who showed up to help. I was so embarassed as I realized this trailer fit our mattress set, our sofa, a dresser, the futon, and a few other odds and ends. Our driveway still had the office furniture and our bedroom dressers plus all the boxes we were still going to take over on our own. These guys were here to load us up that is it. I didn't want them to wait all day for us to come back for a 2nd trip. I am very thankful to one of the guys who offered his own trailer and three of the guys came with him to help unload on the other side. It is hard to live in a city where we still don't have a lot of friends and family to call on for help and it is harder still when I have a very hard time asking for it. The kids were making messes behind my packing. Liam got in the fridge and threw eggs all over, They unboxed, they dug up my plant and got dirt all over etc. At the last mess they made I felt so overwhelmed I just screamed at the top of my longs and then I felt better. We are unloaded in the new place Our garage is full of boxes from front to back a ton are unlabeled so I dont know where anything is. My house is a mess of boxes and furniture in various rooms. I wish I could snap my fingers and make it organize itself. I got a sand and water table for the kids for the backyard off craigslist and they play for hours at a time. Liam still likes to dig in the rocks and play with those, however now I have reason to not want them to play outside especially in the rocks unless I am watching them every single minute. Last night I was getting dinner ready and I turned around and almost stepped on a scorpion running across the floor. I screamed and stepped back and called Scorpion Scorpion. Okay as much as I hate cochroachs I think I'd rather deal with those over a Scorpion. Lance came to get it wanted to save it but of course we are not unpacked and so he had to squish it. Then we went and looked it up to see what kind it was. The websites say most scorpions are fairly mild in north america with the exception of the bark scorpion. Guess which one we had..... Yah the bark scorpion. Scorpions tend to stay toward the ground except the bark scorpion which can climb walls and be found behind pictures on your walls. Scorpions are mostly found alone EXCEPT the bark scorpion who are generally found in family and groups. Their venom can kill small children and seniors. The only solace I have is that I can't find any deaths by scorpion listed for Nevada and only a couple from AZ where these guys are acctually from, they come to Nevada on all the Palm Trees we plant here. We also have the hospital right around the block, but still that does not give me piece of mind. I had the Pest Control come out before we moved in and he told me he added the Scorpion spray for free which is normally 40 extra so I am hoping this is just one guy who was running but now I don't know what I am going to do. Lance is going to take a black light to the back yard hopefully tonight and see what he can see. I was hoping to never see scorpions in our stay here! This makes me so full of anxiety. I want to get the boxes unpacked asap so they aren't on the ground letting those little guys hide under them. I swear I am going to get blacklights for the nightlights so when I get up in the middle of the night if I see anything glowing I can avoid it and get it out of here!

No comments:

google-site-verification: googlecb47a37551b294e6.html

Follow me!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

My family

My family
march 2007

About Me

My photo
I am a shutterbug mom, trying to write my first children's book and start a business doing what I LOVE taking pictures. I am not political but if I had to label myself I'd say a conservative liberal. I love music, and moms night out! :) I am the mom to four beautiful kiddos. My sweet girl is 4 turing 5 in March my Little man L turned 3 in November, Sweetie P turned 2 in September, and my newest little guy Brendan came into the World in July. I am married to my Honey for 6 1/2 years now and I still ♥ him!! :) I grew up here and there mostly on the west coast. I have three sisters who have busy successful lives. I have been a little bit of everything career wise, from the travel industry to radio DJ to waitress to Sales to now full time mom! Each has helped me grow! I am writing a new chapter in my life. :)