Friday, October 10, 2008

Good Customer Service

A few weeks ago while trying to save money we switched from our usual Electrasol power dishwasher gel pacs to trying Palmolive eco+ dishwasher soap (lavender scent) I immediately noticed a difference in my dishes (and not in a good way). Food was stuck on the dishes even when I mostly prewash, a white film coated all the dishes and really stuck on the plates and glasses, so much so that I had to rewash after I washed. The only thing that seemed clean at all was the silverware. I started to think my dishwasher was breaking but decided to get my regular Electrasol. It really helped that Smith's my grocery store had given me a coupon for a free box too! Anyway the difference is amazing, Electrasol is by far the best dishwasher soap on the market. So I was not happy about having wasted my money and a lot of time on the Palmolive. I love my Palmolive regular dish soap, so it was surprising to me that this product A. made it to the market, and B had Palmolive's name on the bottle, they aren't exactly known for bad products. I don't generally write letter to companies to tell them when their products suck but I decided to in this case, because I really felt they should know how bad of a product it it. I felt alot of people especially those maybe choosing greener products would be feeling bad for buying it. The company impressed me. I had a reply email within 24 hours but only really saying "Thank you for your comment blah blah blah, your email warranted a response by mail" Today I received a letter from them apologizing for me feeling the way I did, talking about their product testing and then enclosed a check for the amount of my dishwasher soap (which I did not ask for) as well as a stack of coupons for other products. I will continue to buy Colgate/Palmolive products (dishwasher soap aside) and really appreciate the customer service!

1 comment:

Jata Home Decor and Vinyl Lettering said...

FYI consumer reports states that the Great Value brand at walmart rated even better then Cascade complete.. also I beleive your water type as a lot to do with the proformance of the dish soap.. we can not use Elec. Degt. here we get a white film and our dishwasher turns YELLOW. So it may not be as bad of product for everyone :)

google-site-verification: googlecb47a37551b294e6.html

Follow me!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

My family

My family
march 2007

About Me

My photo
I am a shutterbug mom, trying to write my first children's book and start a business doing what I LOVE taking pictures. I am not political but if I had to label myself I'd say a conservative liberal. I love music, and moms night out! :) I am the mom to four beautiful kiddos. My sweet girl is 4 turing 5 in March my Little man L turned 3 in November, Sweetie P turned 2 in September, and my newest little guy Brendan came into the World in July. I am married to my Honey for 6 1/2 years now and I still ♥ him!! :) I grew up here and there mostly on the west coast. I have three sisters who have busy successful lives. I have been a little bit of everything career wise, from the travel industry to radio DJ to waitress to Sales to now full time mom! Each has helped me grow! I am writing a new chapter in my life. :)